Why is an Eaves Marine Survey necessary?
Most buyers are not experienced enough, or mechanically inclined to a point where they can make an adequate evaluation on their own. Even those who are qualified benefit immensely from a second professional, unbiased and unemotional opinion.
- To determine if the vessel is safe to use in conditions for which it was designed.
- To determine the vessels condition and value.
- To determine what maintenance, repairs and equipment should be included in the purchase price.
- To determine what repairs and maintenance will be required after the purchase. At what cost?
- To help determine the true cost of owning the vessel.
- To help the client decide whether to go through with the purchase and at what price.
- To help decide if the vessel fits your needs
- Most vessels are subject to inherent structural, cosmetic and mechanical defects and flaws. I can determine the best repair procedures and reasonable cost for services.
- Marine surveys are needed to appraise the vessel for insurance underwriting and for bank financing.
- Marine Surveys are needed to document condition at time of purchase for insurance and financing.